Any of a group of species and varieties of wine grape native to Mexico and the south-eastern US, typically having thick skins and a musky flavour.
- Genus Vitis (section Muscadinia): several species, in particular V. rotundifolia
More example sentences
- Sweet muscadine grapes, blackberries, apples, jujubes and a host of other fruits will be available at these upcoming sales.
- They have supplied grapes to numerous other wineries within the state and been major suppliers of muscadines to area grocery stores for the fresh grape market.
- The undergrowth is often dense with dwarf palmettos and with such vines as earleaf, saw greenbriers (both very prickly), muscadine, and summer grape, all tough on hikers.
probably an alteration of muscatel.
More definitions of muscadineDefinition of muscadine in:
- The US English dictionary