- An insect of the housefly family (Muscidae).More example sentences
- Jade spent most of her time chasing muscids and asilids in the drier forested and open rocky areas.
- Mosquitoes and tabanids bite us, muscids pester us and blow flies get into our meat if it is left open.
- The influence of sex and parasitism on the muscid longevity was measured using the factor analysis of variance.
late 19th century: from modern Latin Muscidae (plural), from Latin musca 'fly'.
More definitions of muscidDefinition of muscid in:
- The US English dictionary