- A large heavily built goat-antelope with a thick shaggy coat and a horny protuberance on the head, native to the tundra of North America and Greenland. The male emits a musky odour during the breeding season.
More example sentences
- Ovibos moschatus, family Bovidae
- There are also some familiar faces, such as the musk ox, cougar and bison, that have survived the test of time.
- In North America, bison, pronghorn, and musk ox have increased this past century.
- We had seen whales, narwhals, polar bear, seals, walrus, musk ox, and countless other natural wonders.
More definitions of musk oxDefinition of musk ox in:
- The US English dictionary