- 1Liable to change: the mutable nature of fashionMore example sentences
changeable, variable, varying, fluctuating, shifting, inconsistent, unpredictable, inconstant, uncertain, fluid, erratic, irregular, uneven, unsettled, unstable, unsteady, protean, chameleon-like, chameleonic; capricious, fickle, faithless, flighty, unreliable, undependable, mercurial, volatile• technical labile
- However, the dynamic, mutable nature of open source often results in complexity.
- It is, without doubt, a very exciting, innovative, constantly changing, hugely mutable and malleable tool.
- In this fiction the main characters are mutable, changing with the environment.
- More example sentences
- Henry's consciousness is haunted by his awareness of the mind's inherent instability, its mutability and fragility.
- Much of the humour is a result of the heroes and heroines' mutability as their creators obsessively fiddle with them to suit the guidelines.
- That's one of the coolest things about pop music, to me - its total mutability and adaptability.
late Middle English: from Latin mutabilis, from mutare 'to change'.