- A woman’s loose, brightly coloured dress, especially one traditionally worn in Hawaii.More example sentences
- Try to keep to your typical style of dress, but only slightly flowier - we are not talking caftans or muumuus!
- Some Hawaiian women wear the muumuu, a voluminous dress originally designed by modest missionaries for Hawaiian women.
- The younger women also wore shorts, jeans and T-shirts, and the mature ladies colorful muumuus.
early 20th century: from Hawaiian mu'u mu'u, literally 'cut off'.
More definitions of muumuuDefinition of muumuu in:
- The US English dictionary