Pain in a muscle or group of muscles: he complained of weakness and myalgia
More example sentences
- Arthralgia, myalgia, nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting have also been frequently reported.
- After several days in the hospital the rash began to fade, but the low-grade fever, myalgia, arthralgia, and muscle weakness persisted.
- Other symptoms may include chills, anorexia, generalized or frontal headache, severe myalgia and arthralgia, weakness, and fatigue.
mid 19th century: modern Latin, from Greek mus 'muscle' + -algia.
- More example sentences
- The international reputation that he acquired in the field of myalgic encephalitis research sprang from the records that he kept for 40 years.
- The recent adoption of the term chronic fatigue syndrome / myalgic encephalitis reflects such a compromise, albeit an uneasy one.
- This is still the case with conditions such as chronic fatigue syndrome and myalgic encephalitis.
Definition of myalgia in:
- The US English dictionary