- A large spider of a group that includes the tarantulas, trapdoor spiders, and funnel-web spiders. Mygalomorphs have several primitive features, including fangs that stab downwards rather than towards one another.
More example sentences
- Suborder Mygalomorphae, order Araneae
- Previously, the earliest known mygalomorphs, described in 1990, were about 100 million years old.
- To imitate a mygalomorph, put your index and middle fingers in front of your mouth and move them up and down.
- Female tarantulas like other mygalomorphs are able to moult after reaching maturity.
1920s: from modern Latin Mygalomorphae, from Greek mugalē 'shrew' + morphē 'form'.
More definitions of mygalomorphDefinition of mygalomorph in:
- The US English dictionary