noun (plural myxomas or myxomata /-mətə/)Medicine
A benign tumour of connective tissue containing mucus or gelatinous material.
More example sentences
- They are the third most common primary cardiac tumors after myxomas and lipomas, accounting for 7% of all primary cardiac tumors.
- The most common benign intracardiac tumors are myxomas.
- Searching for the source of embolic material resulted in the discovery of a cardiac myxoma in the left atrium.
- More example sentences
- The embolic material can be either myxomatous fragments of tumor or thrombi from the tumor surface.
- The cut surface of the tumor was white and firm, although myxomatous areas were also present at the center of the tumor.
- The tumor showed areas of fibrillar collagenous bands and myxomatous degeneration.
Definition of myxoma in:
- The US English dictionary