Definition of myxoma in English:
noun (plural myxomas or myxomata /-mətə/)Medicine
A benign tumour of connective tissue containing mucus or gelatinous material.
- They are the third most common primary cardiac tumors after myxomas and lipomas, accounting for 7% of all primary cardiac tumors.
- The most common benign intracardiac tumors are myxomas.
- Searching for the source of embolic material resulted in the discovery of a cardiac myxoma in the left atrium.
- Example sentences
- The embolic material can be either myxomatous fragments of tumor or thrombi from the tumor surface.
- The cut surface of the tumor was white and firm, although myxomatous areas were also present at the center of the tumor.
- The tumor showed areas of fibrillar collagenous bands and myxomatous degeneration.
Definition of myxoma in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia