- A highly infectious and usually fatal viral disease of rabbits, causing swelling of the mucous membranes and inflammation and discharge around the eyes.More example sentences
- A potential solution to the rabbit problem was found, in the form of a virus that causes a rabbit disease called myxomatosis.
- The club noted that the red squirrel was an increasingly rare sight but no-one had spotted a grey squirrel and the arrival of the rabbit disease myxomatosis in the area had not been noticed.
- The rabbit disease myxomatosis had finally reached the area, with an outbreak on the moors above Settle.
More definitions of myxomatosisDefinition of myxomatosis in:
- The US English dictionary