(also nachas pronounced same)
noun[mass noun] US
- Pride or pleasure, especially at the achievements of one’s children.More example sentences
- Praying together with him not only gave him a lot of naches, but it did the same for me.
- Nu, it gives us such nachas to see that this city's true paper of record is finally recognizing Jews' valuable contribution to the city!
- But our nachas isn't going to come from our son doing better than others; it will come from his striving to attain personal milestones as he works hard to fulfill his unique potential.
early 20th century: from Yiddish nakhes, from Hebrew naḥaṯ 'contentment'.
More definitions of nachesDefinition of naches in:
- The US English dictionary