- A piece of cloth tape bearing a person’s name, attached to a garment to identify it as belonging to that person: his trousers had a name tape sewn to the waistbandMore example sentences
- Our military leaders couldn't decide whether name tapes should be sewn straight across the jungle fatigue shirt or slanted over the pockets.
- No need to play it, just watch it - it's brilliant for passing the hours when, in the middle of your life, you find that you have a lot of name tapes to sew on.
- None of them wore name tapes on the uniform, none wore rank insignia.
More definitions of name tapeDefinition of name tape in:
- The US English dictionary