Definition of nanosecond in English:
1One thousand-millionth of a second.
- If you do the same math for PC 100, you get eight bytes running parallel every 10 nanoseconds for about 80 nanoseconds.
- A comparison of hydration patterns during the second and third nanoseconds showed no further change, compared to the first nanosecond.
- A number of time-resolved Laue studies have been performed with time resolutions varying from nanoseconds to milliseconds.
1.1 informal A very short time; a moment: she can flick between manic laughter and tears in a nanosecond
More example sentences
- Now I'm willing to entertain almost any notion for at least a nanosecond.
- The boys dashed through the showers in about a nano-second - barely getting wet.
- Unfortunately, in his business, fun can turn to agony in a nanosecond.
Words that rhyme with nanosecondmillisecond
Definition of nanosecond in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan