noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- A crystalline solid derived from naphthalene, used to make antiseptics and dyes.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: C10H7OH; two isomers, especially naphthalen-2-ol ( β-naphthol)
- Some of the dyes to which chromophores give a vibrant color are naphthol yellow, vat blue, congo red, and methylene blue.
- Finally, it is mixed with naphthol to produce carbaryl.
- Certain molecules such as 1 - naphthol, its derivatives, and carbazole show remarkable enhancement in their acidity in the excited singlet state.
More definitions of naphtholDefinition of naphthol in:
- The US English dictionary