noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A synthetic compound used as an anti-inflammatory drug, especially in the treatment of headache and arthritis.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: C14H14O3
- Even traditional anti-inflammatory drugs like naproxen and ibuprofen may be linked to cardiovascular complications like heart failure.
- The headache usually responds to over-the-counter analgesics, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or acetaminophen.
- They may need aspirin or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like naproxen or sulindac.
1970s: from na(phthyl) + pr(opionic) + ox(y-), + -en on the pattern of words such as tamoxifen.
More definitions of naproxenDefinition of naproxen in:
- The US English dictionary