noun[mass noun] historical
The political doctrine of the Nazi Party of Germany.
- What we oppose is statism, whether it's called Bolshevism, National Socialism, Fascism, Fabianism, or New Dealism.
- Would anyone in this country be allowed to serve at the highest level of government while arguing that National Socialism in Germany represents a period of worthy nostalgia?
- With the rise of National Socialism in Germany, the Nazis closed down the Bauhaus in Dessau in 1932.
National Socialist noun
- Example sentences
- Its leading member, Hans Krüger, a former member of the National Socialists, participated in Hitler's attempted putsch in Munich in 1923.
- He was a principled man, who wrote a letter to Goebbels of Nazi Germany after he had stated in a speech that he wished for a National Socialist Potemkin.
- This was followed by the refusal of the SPD to fight alongside the communists against Hitler and the National Socialists.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: Na|tion¦al So¦cial|ism
Definition of National Socialism in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.