- Theology or knowledge of God based on observed facts and experience apart from divine revelation.More example sentences
- In the past most biblical theologians decried philosophy and natural theology as alien to the spirit of the Bible and maintained that the avoidance of these assumptions was necessary to biblical theology.
- The tradition of natural theology so central to Catholicism means that conclusions based on revelation and those stemming from secular reason and empirical evidence are expected to converge.
- Some mainstream religious thinkers, especially those influenced by the famous Swiss theologian Karl Barth, want nothing to do with natural theology either.
More definitions of natural theologyDefinition of natural theology in:
- The US English dictionary