noun[mass noun] Finance
- Assets which can readily be converted into cash, such as bills of exchange.More example sentences
- Such near money might become an attractive alternative to demand deposits.
- But as technology continues to revolutionize our financial system, the identification of particular claims as money, near money, or a store of future value has become exceedingly difficult.
- The solution suggested is ad hoc, and the problem of controlling inflation could be treated better by the control of the money supply and the near money substitutes.
More definitions of near moneyDefinition of near money in:
- The US English dictionary