Definition of negligent in English:
Failing to take proper care over something: the council had been negligent in its supervision of the children in care
More example sentences
- They would still be liable at common law for negligent installation or maintenance.
- It is difficult for the claimant to say that the defendant was negligent in not seeing him, if he had not seen the defendant.
- The judge held that the defendants were negligent and in breach of statutory duty and the claim was not statute barred.
- Example sentences
- The defendants negligently told the plaintiffs that X was much wealthier than in fact he was.
- Driving is a lawful act which becomes unlawful when performed negligently.
- Your Honour, a professional giving evidence in a court of law and who gives evidence which is negligently given, is not subject to a remedy.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India