- Characteristic of a good neighbour, especially in being helpful, friendly, or kind: shopping for the elderly is a regular feature of neighbourly supportMore example sentences
obliging, helpful, friendly, kind, kindly, amiable, amicable, affable, genial, easy to get on/along with, agreeable, hospitable, sociable, companionable, well disposed, civil, warm, warm-hearted, cordial, convivial, good-natured, nice, pleasant, generous; considerate, thoughtful, accommodating, unselfish, supportiveBritish • informal decent
- We have gone out of our way to be as friendly and neighbourly as possible but it has been thrown back in our faces.
- Too bad it had to get to a lawsuit, for one would hope that neighbourly friendship would try a bit harder to resolve matters.
- China has always attached great importance to developing friendly, neighborly ties with Japan.
- More example sentences
- There are six awards that honour the achievements of young people, good neighbourliness, care in the community, protecting the environment, sporting success and the employee of the year.
- The sun, his friend for the moment, seemed sullen today, not wishing to warm the straw and heat his limbs in any magnanimous act of good neighbourliness.
- It is also hoped that it will promote a greater interaction and enhance the bond of neighbourliness and personal friendship that we all desire.