- A systemic agricultural insecticide resembling nicotine: studies have found a link between neonicotinoids and declining bee populationsMore example sentences
- A new breed of insecticides known as the neonicotinoids has been grabbing headlines recently; research indicates links to the collapse of honeybee colonies.
- In general, compounds known as pyrethroids and neonicotinoids were the best performers, according to the researchers.
- Neonicotinoids bind irreversibly to receptors in the central nervous system of insects.
1990s: from neo- + nicotinoid, a type of compound chemically related to nicotine.
More definitions of neonicotinoidDefinition of neonicotinoid in:
- The US English dictionary