- A new and abnormal growth of tissue in a part of the body, especially as a characteristic of cancer: carcinoma of the cervix is a common neoplasm in women [mass noun]: colonic neoplasm may be missed in some patientsMore example sentences
- Histologic sections of the tumor revealed a malignant neoplasm with a diffuse growth pattern.
- Lipomas, hemangiomas, neuromas, and fibromas are benign neoplasms that occur in the neck.
- For girls, the 2 causes of death with the highest crude rates were malignant neoplasms and ischemic heart disease.
More definitions of neoplasmDefinition of neoplasm in:
- The US English dictionary