adjectiveBiology & Geology
- Relating to or denoting the shallow part of the sea near a coast and overlying the continental shelf.More example sentences
- It is on the continental shelves where shelf, epeiric, neritic, or epicontinental sediments are deposited.
- Permian shelf-type successions there pass into Triassic sandstones and shales with detached Permian limestone blocks, overlain by Upper Triassic neritic carbonates.
- The neritic zone is the first 200 meters of ocean water, which includes the seashore and most of the continental shelf.
More definitions of neriticDefinition of neritic in:
- The US English dictionary