- The network of nerve cells and fibres which transmits nerve impulses between parts of the body. See also autonomic nervous system, central nervous system, peripheral nervous system.More example sentences
- Composed of neurones and nerve fibres, the nervous system is part of the physical body.
- Milk thistle was the only herb that boosted both the immune and nervous systems, helping nerve cells produce more neurites and keeping cells alive longer.
- The enteric nervous system has a central role in the control of most gastrointestinal functions.
More definitions of nervous systemDefinition of nervous system in:
- The US English dictionary