Entry from US English dictionary
Relating to or involving both nervous stimulation and endocrine secretion.
- For example, stress has been shown to affect major physiological systems - autonomic, neuroendocrine, and immune.
- Stress mediated responses in the neuroendocrine and immune systems have been considered possible mechanisms for the effects of racism on health.
- The authors propose that aspirin may work by blocking the output of the hypothalamus, which in turn affects the neuroendocrine and autonomic responses important in the perception of fatigue.
- Example sentences
- He undertook postdoctoral training in neuroendocrinology and neurophysiology at the Brain Research Institute, UCLA, and the Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland.
- Nearly all of the studies that did so, however, focused on neuroendocrinology and how various hormones affect neurological structure and functioning.
- I think that the field of crustacean neuroendocrinology is entering an exciting period that will depend upon a range of old (organ culture, histology) and new experimental techniques.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.