noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A disease in which neurofibromas form throughout the body. Also called von Recklinghausen's disease.More example sentences
- Examples of autosomal dominant single gene disorders include: Marfan syndrome, achondroplasia, neurofibromatosis, and retinitis pigmentosa.
- The neurocutaneous syndromes, including neurofibromatosis, tuberous sclerosis and von Hippel-Landau disease, are associated with an increased risk of brain tumors.
- In humans, epilepsy is often one of a set of symptoms found in people with diseases such as cerebral palsy, neurofibromatosis, autism, tuberous sclerosis, and Landau-Kleffner syndrome.
More definitions of neurofibromatosisDefinition of neurofibromatosis in:
- The US English dictionary