noun[mass noun] Physiology
- The growth and development of nervous tissue.More example sentences
- One may be by the generation of proteins that facilitate synaptogenesis, neurogenesis, and stem cell differentiation into new tissues.
- Matus begins by noting that during brain development, neurogenesis proceeds in a number of distinct stages.
- While most researchers agree that new neurons are generated in the adult hippocampus and olfactory bulb, the existence of adult neurogenesis in other brain regions remains controversial.
More definitions of neurogenesisDefinition of neurogenesis in:
- The US English dictionary