- another term for glia.More example sentences
- Other structures, such as connective tissue fibers and neuroglia, may be impregnated.
- Microglia are the smallest of the neuroglia, and, unlike the ectodermally derived macroglia (astrocytes and oligodendroglia), they are formed from the mesoderm.
- Small foci of immature neuroglia were present adjacent to mature neural tissue.
mid 19th century: from neuro- 'of nerves' + Greek glia 'glue'.
More definitions of neurogliaDefinition of neuroglia in:
- The US English dictionary