- A hormone such as vasopressin or noradrenaline produced by nerve cells and secreted into the circulation.More example sentences
- B-type natriuretic peptide is a neurohormone secreted from the cardiac ventricles in response to ventricular stretch and pressure overload.
- The endorphins function as inhibitory neurotransmitters and neurohormones: they are released from nerve cells to act on other cells that bear opioid receptors and thus dampen the activity of those cells.
- The conceptual basis of progressive left ventricular dysfunction has now turned to neurohormones such as norepinephrine, angiotensin and aldosterone.
More definitions of neurohormoneDefinition of neurohormone in:
- The US English dictionary