noun[mass noun] Medicine
Disease or dysfunction of one or more peripheral nerves, typically causing numbness or weakness.
More example sentences
- Other potential causes of peripheral neuropathy were excluded before attributing the peripheral neuropathy to diabetes.
- Assessing the lower limbs for peripheral neuropathy and vascular disease also is important.
- In other words, aspartame disease can simulate diabetic retinopathy or peripheral neuropathy.
- More example sentences
- The commonest cause of neuropathic ulceration is diabetes, and many diabetic patients with neuropathic ulceration will also have an arterial problem that requires correction.
- About 86 percent of those with multiple sclerosis suffer from neuropathic pain, or nerve pain, a common symptom of the disease.
- In fact, we owe much of what we know about managing neuropathic foot ulcerations related to diabetes to Dr Brand's pioneering work.
Definition of neuropathy in:
- The US English dictionary