Definition of neurotropic in English:
(Of a virus, toxin, or chemical) tending to attack or affect the nervous system preferentially.
- JC virus, a human neurotropic polyomavirus, is the etiologic infectious agent of this disease.
- Since then, other groups have applied this method to study CNS pathways, and various neurotropic viruses have been used, including pseudorabies virus.
- The likely explanation is thought to be a local, highly neurotropic, measles virus.
- 1neurotropism noun
- Example sentences
- Focal neurotropism was identified in 3 tumors.
- Rabies virus presents strict neurotropism in vivo, but it can also infect non-neuronal cells in vitro.
- Spindled dermal melanoma cells, with or without neurotropism and desmoplasia, are also seen in this variety.
Definition of neurotropic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.