Definition of neurotropic in English:
(Of a virus, toxin, or chemical) tending to attack or affect the nervous system preferentially.
- JC virus, a human neurotropic polyomavirus, is the etiologic infectious agent of this disease.
- Since then, other groups have applied this method to study CNS pathways, and various neurotropic viruses have been used, including pseudorabies virus.
- The likely explanation is thought to be a local, highly neurotropic, measles virus.
- Example sentences
- Focal neurotropism was identified in 3 tumors.
- Rabies virus presents strict neurotropism in vivo, but it can also infect non-neuronal cells in vitro.
- Spindled dermal melanoma cells, with or without neurotropism and desmoplasia, are also seen in this variety.
Definition of neurotropic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia