A policy of political neutrality: the arms deal was likely to encourage neutralism in the area
More example sentences
- Economic growth was the American way of inoculating them against communism, neutralism, socialism, and other potentially anti-American political orientations.
- His policy of anti-American neutralism, which aimed to keep Cambodia out of the war, led him to permit the Vietnamese Communists to station troops on Cambodian soil.
- Once more, then, neutralism was coupled with internationalism to define U.S. military policy.
- More example sentences
- Nonetheless, the political struggle between communists, neutralists, and rightists continued.
- These were paralysed by divisions between followers and opponents of Giolitti, interventionists, and neutralists.
- Ditto with defence, although the huffing and puffing by Irish neutralists will seek to suggest that the proposals mean something menacing, when in fact they mean nothing at all.
Definition of neutralism in:
- The US English dictionary