- More example sentences
- Carrey says he chose to play it that way because ‘There's a whole group of people who have not been recognized and that's Newfoundlanders… they're such interesting characters.’
- Many Canadians and Newfoundlanders served with us on the rescue tugs and we are looking forward to meeting old shipmates.
- The provincially appointed commission assessed how Newfoundlanders view their place in Canada, and suggested ways Canada can improve relations with its easternmost province.
Pronunciation: /ˈnjuːfəndˌləndə, -ˌlandə, njuːˈfaʊndˌləndə/noun
(also Newfoundland dog)
A dog of a very large breed with a thick coarse coat.
More example sentences
- While there are no official numbers on how many Newfoundlands are certified in water search-and-recovery, Gundersen estimates there are less than 50 throughout the United States.
- Swimming pools used Newfoundlands as lifeguards.
- This has been the case with three of the Newfoundlands I've adopted, who've been wonderful, healthy pets.