1The faculty of seeing in the dark, especially when the eyes have become adapted to the low level of light.
- Its compounds also help the eyes adapt to bright light and improve night vision.
- First signs are blurry vision, especially in bright light, loss of night vision and needing more light to read by.
- Since cones do not function well in darkness, night vision depends strongly on light picked up by rods.
1.1 [as modifier] Denoting devices that enable the user to see in the dark: night-vision goggles
More example sentences
- Many discarded their water bottles, night-vision devices and other useful equipment because this was meant to be a quick, in-and-out daylight mission.
- Close-fitting eye lenses are shaped to improve peripheral vision and are compatible with most optical sighting and night-vision devices.
- In addition to the Sniperscope and other night-vision devices, the potential of this technology for guidance purposes began to be realized.
Definition of night vision in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.