- A long shirt worn in bed especially by boys or men.More example sentences
- Eventually we handed him over to two other footmen who appeared with their nightshirts tucked into their trousers, and my host was good enough to compliment me as he led the way outside.
- I knocked on the door, which brought the owner of the house out dressed in a nightshirt and shawl and carrying what I took to be a lighted reed.
- He still wore the nightshirt, shawl, and cap that he'd worn when I'd first met him.
More definitions of nightshirtDefinition of nightshirt in:
- The US English dictionary