A yellow-flowered European plant of the daisy family, growing in woods and waste places.
- Lapsana communis, family Compositae
More example sentences
- When nipplewort occurs in the hedge bottom, plants are often found spreading into the arable field.
- Young tortoises are fed mainly dandelions, nipplewort, sowthistle, clover and lettuce.
- A fairly common garden weed, nipplewort will maintain itself in the garden so long as it is given some disturbed soil in which to self-sow.
Definition of nipplewort in:
- The US English dictionary