- A salt or ester of nitrous acid, containing the anion NO2− or the group —NO2.More example sentences
- Bombs, missiles, shells and bullets flood the environment with lead, nitrates, nitrites, hydrocarbons, phosphorous, radioactive debris, corrosive and toxic heavy metals.
- Nitric oxide is generated by the thermal decomposition of nitrites and nitrates.
- Some analogous alkyl nitrites, such as amyl nitrite, are known sensitizers in humans.
More definitions of nitriteDefinition of nitrite in:
- The US English dictionary