- (Of a plant) preferring soils rich in nitrogen.More example sentences
- Such conditions support the strong dominance of such tall competitive nitrophilous species.
- It is dominated by nitrophilous forbs like Artemisia vulgaris, Cirsium arvense, Urtica dioica, and Melissa romana.
- A statistically significant increase in nitrophilous lichen coverage was observed on trees near feedlot operations when compared to trees located at a greater distance.
More definitions of nitrophilousDefinition of nitrophilous in:
- The US English dictionary