- A compound containing the group NNO attached to two organic groups. Compounds of this kind are generally carcinogenic.More example sentences
- Vitamin C is an antioxidant, and it also inhibits the formation of carcinogenic nitrosamines from dietary amines and nitrites.
- When they are mixed with products containing nitrates, carcinogenic nitrosamines can be formed.
- In the presence of amines and amino derivatives, this chemical can form nitrosamines that are known cancer-causers.
late 19th century: from nitroso- (relating to nitric oxide in combination) + amine.
More definitions of nitrosamineDefinition of nitrosamine in:
- The US English dictionary