Definition of no-fault in English:
1Denoting an insurance policy that is valid regardless of whether the policyholder was at fault: no-fault automobile insurance
More example sentences
- It was intended to be a form of mandatory, no-fault insurance.
- You know, I like the idea of no-fault insurance, but I really wish it were removed just for people who drove drunk.
- In no-fault auto insurance, for instance, the victim of an accident cannot normally drag the driver who hit her into a deposition and before a jury.
1.1Denoting a form of divorce granted without requiring one party to prove the other is to blame for the breakdown of the marriage.
- One in two marriages will fail with the wife being twice as likely to initiate the proceedings on grounds of ‘general discontent’ - the minimum requirement of no-fault divorce.
- Decades of scholarly work on no-fault divorce suggests that, in an era of disposable marriage, not much can be done for women who choose to devote themselves to their children.
- As with the rise of unilateral no-fault divorce, the effects of same-sex marriage will be generational, gradual - and very hard to reverse.
Definition of no-fault in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan