- The chemical element of atomic number 102, a radioactive metal of the actinide series. Nobelium does not occur naturally and was first produced by bombarding curium with carbon nuclei. (Symbol: No)More example sentences
- The German proposal of ‘meitnerium ‘for 109 was allowed to stand, as were the names proposed for elements 101, 102, and 103 - ‘mendelevium, ‘‘nobelium, ‘and ‘lawrencium,‘respectively.
- A group in Stockholm believed they had made it in 1957, and proposed the patriotic name nobelium, after the Swede Alfred Nobel.
- Due to its extremely short half-life, there's no reason for considering the effects of nobelium in the environment.
More definitions of nobeliumDefinition of nobelium in:
- The US English dictionary