- Any of the gaseous elements helium, neon, argon, krypton, xenon, and radon, occupying Group 0 (18) of the periodic table. They were long believed to be totally unreactive but compounds of xenon, krypton, and radon are now known.More example sentences
- In the early 1960s, a number of chemists found ways of making compounds of some noble gases, including radon, xenon, and krypton.
- However, the space body left a calling card - complex carbon molecules called buckminsterfullerenes, or Buckyballs, with the noble gases helium and argon trapped inside the caged structure.
- And what you pick up in the atmosphere is minute traces of radioactive isotopes, particularly the noble gases, Argon, Xenon, Krypton, et cetera.
More definitions of noble gasDefinition of noble gas in:
- The US English dictionary