- A small block or peg of wood.More example sentences
- Why not just knock the last nog out and fit two more studs then replace the nog (only shorter)?
- The method used to secure the keel assembly atop the blocks is unclear; Sutherland proposes notches in the tops of the splitting blocks and Ollivier states that they used wooden nogs driven down vertically into the keel block.
early 17th century: of unknown origin.
noun[mass noun] British
- 1 • archaic A kind of strong beer brewed in East Anglia.More example sentences
- Nog was a very strong kind of beer peculiar to East Anglia and a hogshead is about 60 gallons.
late 17th century: of unknown origin.