- 1(Of a person, animal, or plant) unable to reproduce: non-fertile femalesMore example sentences
- Since hoary marmots reproduce biennially, half the females are fertile and half nonfertile during any given year.
- Some ferns do have morphologically distinct fertile and nonfertile leaves.
- One could hypothesize that an improvement in sex life may be a result of paying attention to fertile and nonfertile days and then having more sex than before on nonfertile days.
- 1.1(Of land) unable to sustain crops or vegetation: non-fertile groundMore example sentences
- Old timers regarded ramshackle homes and non-fertile land as useless.
- A non-fertile farm will bring everyone to bankruptcy.
- The success of his new farming methods can be seen by the abundant harvesting of crops on land that had previously been considered non-fertile soil.
More definitions of non-fertileDefinition of non-fertile in:
- The US English dictionary