Not relating to or acquired through heredity; not genetic: environmental and other non-genetic factors also contribute to the disease process
More example sentences
- Most of the well-financed breast cancer organizations make little or no mention of the non-genetic causes of breast cancer.
- Tumor cells also can arise by non-genetic means through the actions of specific tumor viruses.
- There are two ways in which carcinogens can act: genetic and non-genetic.
- Example sentences
- The closest thing I've heard to determining the gender of the baby non-genetically is based on your menstruation cycle.
- The idea of a “Rakhi brother” (a term used to refer to any sibling acquired non-genetically) is getting increasingly popular among women.
- The evidence from recent twin studies suggests that the proportion of variance which needs to be explained non-genetically is small.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: non-genetic
Definition of non-genetic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.