1Not similar in every detail; not exactly alike: closely related but non-identical proteins overlapping but non-identical sets
More example sentences
- White fonts on a black background correspond to non-identical amino acids.
- We collected data on three overlapping non-identical samples of patients.
- Surely there must be more than 500 appearances of the term that Google considers non-identical.
1.1(Of twins) developed from separate ova and therefore genetically distinct and not necessarily of the same sex or more similar than other siblings.
- Also, aging increases only the rate of non-identical twin births.
- The incidence of fraternal, or non-identical twins, the inherited variety, varies from country to country.
- Born in 1974 with his non-identical twin, Adonis, Alexis grew up in the town of Artemisa, some 60 km from Havana.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: non-identi¦cal
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.