- 1Not possessing or involving nuclear energy or weapons: hazardous, non-nuclear, chemical wastes non-nuclear warsMore example sentences
- A first-use of nuclear weapons by the US should be unthinkable, and responding to a non-nuclear attack with nuclear weapons violates a central tenet of just war and US military tradition.
- The US is bound, as a signatory to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, not to use nuclear weapons against non-nuclear powers.
- Therefore it is necessary, already now, to implement diplomatic measures and reach agreement on limiting strategic non-nuclear weapon systems.
- 2 Physics Not involving or forming part of a nucleus or nuclei.More example sentences
- These results point out the difference between the passive diffusion and facilitated spread mechanisms characterizing the nuclear and nonnuclear areas, respectively.
More definitions of non-nuclearDefinition of non-nuclear in:
- The US English dictionary