- Relating to or denoting a dialect of English (such as Standard British English) in which r is pronounced in prevocalic position only.More example sentences
- Linking r, common in many non-rhotic dialects of English, occurs in New England.
- The following discussion presupposes a non-rhotic dialect of English, that is, a dialect in which r can only occur in syllable-onset position.
- Both in fact were non-rhotic, while the majority of Americans speak with rhotic accents.
More definitions of non-rhoticDefinition of non-rhotic in:
- The US English dictionary