- 1Not average or usual: people working non-standard hoursMore example sentences
- Research labs are also usually relaxed about people working from home frequently, or keeping non-standard hours.
- Anyone who has seen field conditions will clarify that non-standard seeds of variable quality are one of the biggest problems facing cotton farmers.
- Twenty non-standard containers, all having their back doors sealed, were found either on board or loaded on the 20 trucks waiting at the wharf.
- 1.1(Of language) not of the form that is accepted as standard: non-standard speech forms local non-standard dialectsMore example sentences
- I was already aware of many other non-standard usages that didn't bother me a bit.
- Under normal circumstances, dialects or non-standard Mandarin are not to be used.
- The requirement to answer in complete sentences recalls Labov's classic work on non-standard English.
More definitions of non-standardDefinition of non-standard in:
- The US English dictionary