Definition of non-voting in English:
Not having or using a vote: a non-voting delegate
More example sentences
- Its constitution permitted others to join and made provision for voting and non-voting members.
- They have a non-voting delegate in the House, but making deals for votes is often how the House does business.
- There was a non-voting member of the House of Representatives from 1992.
- Example sentences
- It was above all the large number of non-voters who made the SVP the strongest party.
- Nevertheless, quite a few non-voters have so far registered their reasons for avoiding the ballot box.
- Yes, the non-voters may very well make up a significant fraction of the 100,000 protestors.
Definition of non-voting in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan