Definition of nonchalant in English:
(Of a person or manner) feeling or appearing casually calm and relaxed; not displaying anxiety, interest, or enthusiasm: she gave a nonchalant shrug
More example sentences
- Doc Charlie would casually flirt with the nonchalant female who would ever so calmly refuse.
- He'd said it in such an offhand and nonchalant manner, though, that I decided to let it drop.
- He was very nonchalant, very offhand at the press conference when he was making those comments.
- Example sentences
- You look, nonchalantly at first, then with increasing desperation.
- If you want to impress the ladies by firing off a couple of rounds from your rifle, don't choose a tank as a target and then nonchalantly wander off.
- Quietly, nonchalantly, he drew his jacket over his face like a vampire's cape.
Words that rhyme with nonchalantinsolent
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan